February 17, 2010

Your Poem:



You ask me to read your poem
and give you advise for that gem.
If I might say before I start,
write your poem from your heart.
Tell the world how you feel,
not what they think is real.
Don't let people change your mine
how you think your poem should rime.
Even if they don't think it's right,
only you have to sleep with it tonight.
People will tell you, my friend,
how they would make it end.
Just smile and say, that's fine,
but please do not change your mine.
So if your poem speaks to your soul,
it is worth your weight in Gold.


Copyright ©2002 Ellis William Moore

7 comments:

Pearl said...

Just so. :-)

Pearl

desk49 said...

Pearl:
Thanks for dropping by.

TALON said...

So very true, Ellis - write from the heart.

Snaggle Tooth said...

I see your poem today is on the same theme of your comment on my poem post! Your poems are so you...

Lynn said...

I'm glad you did not change it, Ellis.

bschooled said...

Wonderful as always, Ellis.

desk49 said...

Been out of town for two days

****

Snaggle Tooth:
I’m hoping that’s good.
Then to be me is not so good.

Lynn:
No the lady did not change it.
Me not lady then one quick look and I know that.

Bschooled:
Bulshing