April 4, 2016

Insanity of a Sane Man


As I walk in the shadows
Deep within my own mind
I hear voices screaming at me
Telling me what I’ve done
I thought none know, but they do
Is it their voices I hear screaming
In those dark crevices of time itself
Are any of these things even real
Or do I just wish they were 
As they hold me in check with fear
Using God and man’s written laws
Laws binding me with ropes of shame
So I’ll only do their will, not my own
An yet I'll always hear those voices
Screaming at me in this silence
As I walk in the shadows
Deep within my own mind

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I think we've all got some insanity in us.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Let not the fools in April
Enter your judgement's eye
Sanity may only be
A figment of your mind...


Perhaps we need the looney
to be creative-
We all have screaming skeletons
we'd like to take back n un-do...

desk49 said...

Lynn/Snaggke

And we all say not me but point our finger at others and say They do.